2013 Karitos Faculty Listing
to bring to Karitos talented, gifted people with a passion for what
they do and what they have to present. Faculty bios and workshop schedules for Karitos 2013 will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Pastor Cory Ratliff is a worship leader and movement minister and Assistant Liaison and Creative Production Pastor at Sign of the Dove Church; Waukegan, IL
- Rhemadance is the dynamic husband and wife dance duo of Louis and Lakeisha Hurd.
- Alyce Roeder is currently is the director of the Steps of Grace Ballet School and the director of Dance El Elyon, which are both ministries under the covering of Elmbrook Church in Milwaukee WI.
- Pastor Sharon Giacinto Th.D, Ed.D is a graduate of Kingsway University in Des Moines, Iowa and has been Director of the Halal Dance Troupe of Grace Community Church in Streator, Illinois for over 20 years
- Dance Eternal - Kim Brunner & Linda Wade are teachers, choreographers, and evangelistic ministers
- Aaron Chen is an instructor at workshops and conventions around the nation
- Cindy Green currently is the Director of Purified Dance Ministry at Living Water Community Church in Bolingbrook, IL.
- Maura Hoagland an interdenominational dance minister, she has received extensive ballet and modern training in dance companies of Boston, MA and Louisville, KY. Maura teaches various forms of dance and excels in prophetic intercession.
- Innovo Physical Theatre (formerly Mimeistry) - Theo and Jolie Williams travel internationally as ministers & teachers in the art of mime and arts theology. Known for their excellence in performance, directing and choreography, they are Directors of Innovo’s Conservatory of Physical Theatre.
- Teresa Gardner is Director of Zion Center for Worship and the Arts
Full Bios »
Dance Workshops »
Worship & Vocal Faculty
- Vivien Hibbert is an author, teacher and worship leader, as well as a co-founder and president of The Worship Arts Conservatory
- Cory Ratliff has extensive experience in conducting choirs and coaching soloist. He has been a speaker at many workshops and conferences on worship, and is also a choreographer and stage director.
- James English serves as the minister of music at Jesus Name Apostolic Church in Waukegan IL, and is the founder of FHG Studios whose motto is "Our Gifts For His Glory."
- LeAnzar Stockley serves nationally and internationally as spirit-filled worship consultant, worship leader, and workshop clinician.
- Jon Jones is an experienced worship leader, psalmist, publisher and writer, entrepreneur and networking visionary who has trained choirs, worship teams and individuals vocally for over 15 years.
- Sharon Harper has helped to start and establish many worship teams in the Charleston, SC area over the last 30 years and has taught at many retreats and conferences.
Full Bios »
Worship Workshops »
- Priscilla Hummel is the Education Director of Chicago’s Provision Theatre. She holds an MFA in Acting (Directing Concentration) from Regent University.
- Alan Atwood is the Drama Pastor at Eastbrook Church in Milwaukee, where he produces three major plays and numerous worship dramas each year. He also tours his one-man plays to churches around the country.
- Larry Scheiderich has ten years of improv performing and teaching experience. He has instructed at Karitos, churches and with at risk teens. Larry loves directing drama groups and sharing Christ through improv.
- Phillip Hoagland has an A.B. Cum Laude in Theatre and English from Wabash College, and an M.A.T. from University of Louisville. He has taught Theatre Arts in Louisville for 17 years, and his theatrical experience encompasses almost every aspect of production.
Full Bios »
Theater Workshops »
- Les Barker has training in both visual arts and education, and has worked as a graphic designer, photographer and web designer.
- Tim Botts is known internationally for his many published books of calligraphy, especially on biblical themes.
- Alex Radin is primarily a painter working in oils and acrylics. He and his wife are the founders of Artist on Fire » an arts organization focused on seeing God recieve glory through the arts and entertainment industry.
- Sara Radin enjoys design work and community building. She is a singer/songwriter, dancer, beginner fashion designer, wife, mother, writer, and painter.
- Matt Tommey is the author of “Unlocking the Heart of the Artist”, Pastor of Worship Arts at King of Glory Church in Asheville, NC and Founder of The Worship Studio.
- Amelia (Mimi) Whaley has been painting since 1985 and is a member of the Charleston Artist Guild, South Carolina Watercolor Society and CIVA (Christians in the Visual Arts). Sshe also paints during conferences and special events nationally.
- Justice Carmon is a talented graphic designer and illustrator who holds a B.F.A. in Communication/Fine Arts from the University of Memphis. He was born and raised in the land of Elvis by Presbyterians, with a Bible in one hand and comic books in the other.
Full Bios »
Visual Arts Workshops »
- Jane Rubietta is an award-winning author of eleven books, speaks and teaches internationally, and has been published in hundreds of periodicals.
- John Desjarlais a member of Mystery Writers of America who teaches writing at Kishwaukee College in northern Illinois.
- Ruth Goring's poetry collection Yellow Doors was published in 2003 by WordFarm.
- Jackie Busch is blessed to be a daughter of the King, sister, mentor, and friend. A graduate of Trinity International University, Wheaton College Graduate School, and Teach for America.
- Melvin Patterson, Jr., a native of the West Side of Chicago, is a self-taught artist and storyteller whose passion is sharing his God-given abilities with others, especially children.
Full Bios »
Literary Workshops »
- Caleb Varnadoe is an independent filmmaker from Walterboro, SC who has been working in the industry since 2007. He has been an extra, actor, PA, and camera on many national film/TV projects.
- Guy Silagi - an independent filmmaker, visual storyteller, scriptwriter, director and producer of dramatic and documentary films for over 18 years. He approaches storytelling as a visual artist from a journalistic perspective to capture story essence without promotional bias.
- Mimi Sagadin has been a Chicago actress for over 20 years, with experience on both stage and screen.
- Karen DeLoach is a full time artist and filmmaker.
She has shown films of her own production for three years at Piccolo Spoleto Arts Festival, Charleston, SC.
Full Bios »
Film Workshops »